St. Cadfarch - Penegoes
The village of Penegoes is situated approximately two miles east of Machynlleth on the A489. The church itself is a nineteenth century structure though it is almost certainly founded in the early medieval era. It is a Victorian, listed building and was completely rebuilt in 1877. Of special interest are the commemorative plaques, inside the church and on the perimeter wall, to the famous artist, Richard Wilson.
There is one Sunday service at 9.30am. Most services are in Welsh, though there are occasional bilingual services. Baptisms, weddings and funerals are held at the church. Ecumenically, there is an united service held every fifth Sunday in the month. Services are conducted by the Assistant Curate, with the help of the Area Dean and a Licensed Reader.